Shri Siddhivinayak Temple in Mumbai, India is a popular Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Ganesha. It is located in the Prabhadevi neighborhood of Mumbai and is visited by thousands of devotees every day.
The temple was built in 1801 and was later renovated and expanded in 1952. It features a stunning architecture with a gold-plated dome and a beautiful idol of Lord Ganesha, which is carved out of a single black stone.
Overview Shri Siddhivinayak temple
Shri Siddhivinayak Temple is a popular Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Ganesha located in Mumbai, India. It is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in Hindu culture and religion. In this article, we will explore the temple’s location, significance, visiting hours, how to reach it, and the things to do and see there.
Timing Shri Siddhivinayak temple
The temple is open to visitors every day from 5:30 am to 9:50 pm. The darshan timings (visiting hours) vary throughout the day, and visitors can check the temple’s website for the exact timings.
Location Shri Siddhivinayak temple
Shri Siddhivinayak Temple is located in the Prabhadevi neighborhood of Mumbai, which is easily accessible by taxi or local transportation. It is situated approximately 12 kilometers from Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport.
Significance Shri Siddhivinayak temple
The temple is dedicated to Lord Ganesha, who is one of the most worshipped deities in the Hindu religion. Lord Ganesha is believed to be the remover of obstacles and the provider of success and prosperity. The temple is believed to fulfill the wishes of its devotees, and many people visit it for peace, prosperity, and well-being.
How to rich Shri Siddhivinayak temple
Shri Siddhivinayak Temple is easily accessible by taxi or local transportation. Visitors can also take a train to Dadar station, which is the closest railway station to the temple. From there, the temple is just a short walk away. Visit during Mumbai One day Tour package By cab
Things to do and Must See Shri Siddhivinayak temple
- Darshan of Lord Ganesha: The temple is known for its beautiful idol of Lord Ganesha, which is carved out of a single black stone. Visitors can have a darshan (viewing) of the idol and offer prayers and offerings.
- Siddhivinayak Prasad: One of the most popular features of the temple is the Siddhivinayak Prasad, which is a special offering made to Lord Ganesha. The prasad consists of a sweet, yellow-colored substance made of lentils, jaggery, and ghee, and is considered to be a blessing from the deity.
- Temple architecture: The temple features a stunning architecture with a gold-plated dome and intricate carvings and decorations.
- Participate in aarti: Visitors can participate in the aarti (ritual offering of light) that takes place several times a day. The aarti is a beautiful and spiritual experience that involves chanting, music, and offering of lamps to Lord Ganesha.
- Visit the temple shop: The temple has a shop that sells souvenirs, books, and other items related to Lord Ganesha and Hinduism.
Shri Siddhivinayak Temple is a beautiful and spiritual destination that is a must-visit for anyone interested in Hindu culture and religion. Its beautiful idol, stunning architecture, and peaceful atmosphere make it a unique and unforgettable experience. Visitors are advised to follow the temple’s rules and regulations and be respectful of the temple’s customs and traditions.
What is the best time to visit the temple?
The temple is open every day, and visitors can go at any time. However, it is recommended to visit during weekdays to avoid the heavy crowds that gather on weekends and during festivals.
Is there any dress code to follow while visiting the temple?
Yes, visitors are expected to dress modestly and conservatively while visiting the temple. Men are advised to wear full-length pants and shirts, and women are advised to wear sarees, salwar kameez, or other traditional Indian attire.
Can visitors take photographs inside the temple?
Photography is strictly prohibited inside the temple. Visitors are advised to respect this rule and refrain from taking photographs or videos inside the temple premises.
Is there any special arrangement for physically challenged visitors?
Yes, the temple has special arrangements for physically challenged visitors, including wheelchair accessibility and assistance with darshan. Visitors can contact the temple authorities for more information and assistance.
Can visitors carry mobile phones inside the temple?
Mobile phones are allowed inside the temple, but visitors are advised to keep them on silent mode and refrain from using them inside the temple premises.
1 thought on “Shri Siddhivinayak temple Mumbai”
Pingback: Top 30 Incredible Tourist Places in Mumbai - E Mumbai Tourism